Monday 12 November 2012

Nativity Hand Puppets

Thought I'd share these little felt nativity hand puppets that I made for Christmas last year. This was in my pre-sewing machine days so I just hand sewed the puppet and used craft glue to attach the fabric. I wish I'd sewn the pieces on now as it would look much nicer but they're holding up pretty well!

Here's Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus. All the puppets have a little velcro spot on them so they can give and receive gifts. Sheep from the shepherds and gold, frankincense and myrrh from the wise men. :)

The angel and the shepherds and their sheep. The sheep were the most fun to make!  


And finally, the three wise men. The one in the middle is my favourite, mainly because of the awesome fabric my cousin gave me for his clothes. And the guy on the right is supposed to be carrying a little chest, not a handbag... :)

*Update - I've had a few requests for patterns for these puppets. Unfortunately I don't have them anymore as I made these last year (a.k.a. pre- blog!) and threw them away. But I based them on ones I found over at TipJunkie and I just found some cute ones over at This and That for more inspiration too. You just need a hand puppet base that's big enough for your/your kids' hands and then you can use the same template for the faces and clothes and just change the fabric. I just made my pattern pieces on scraps of paper.

**Another Update - Although the puppets are not for sale I have made them into images and created a nativity word wall and flashcard set from them which is available here in my TPT store.
Nativity Word Wall and Flashcards

Things I've Learnt:
- Ha ha well since this time last year? Sewing machine's aren't so scary after all.



22 comments:

  1. I LOVE these - pre-sewing days or not:) Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Thanks for sharing.
    Donna @onceuponasewingmachine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea for kids - and they don't have to worry about breaking them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so very detailed... and I love the velcro dots for holding the various items that go with your set. What kid wouldn't be entertained for hours with these?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These puppets look really nice and very detailed. cute!

    I tagged you in a game of blog tag. Check out my tag post to learn more @ http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/ive-been-tagged.html

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are AWESOME!!!!!! The details are wonderful!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome puppets. Also love the Sesame Lunch! What a great find!


    Stopping by from True Aim. Love for you to stop by and return the GFC follow when you can.

    I am hosting a facebook hop now. Love for you to link up your fan page and twitter page. Over 100 pages so far :)

    Julie @ Naptime Review
    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really really cute. :) I'm feeling inspired to make some for myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are adorable. I made some animal hand puppets and they are such a huge hit. Did you make the patterns for the people? I'd love to know your genius:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have patterns for them but unfortunately I made them last year, long before this little blog existed so I threw them away! :( But I based them on ones I found here - http://www.tipjunkie.com/holiday-crafts/christmas/felt-nativity-hand-puppets/.

      Delete
  10. Oh, I love these!! I would love it if you would share them at Sharing Saturday this week. http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/search/label/Sharing%20Saturday The new one will open Friday night by 9 p.m.EST! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH WOW! These are amazing. I just love all nativity sets but this one is so unique. Do you sell them?
    New Follower also:) Hugs, Jen @ frazzled5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so darn cute and unique!
    Newest GFC and Pinterest follower from Shine on Fridays blog hop.

    ERin
    http://homecookedgourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are beautiful and I'm sure they will be used for a long time. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love these. Such a great post. Thanks for sharing it on Motivated Monday at Becolorful this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful puppets! Such a great idea to add the velcro dots so they can all give and receive gifts too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are lovely seasonal glove puppets - envy you your ability to "make the designs up" yourself. I'm absolutely hopeless without a pattern: once I've got one, then creativity kicks in! I've some glove puppets of my own (from existing patterns!) which you might like to see. Call in at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com and you can both read how they were made and see them in my Etsy Shop. Either place, the Cuddlies would love to see you! Also a fellow guest on this blog party and I'll be following you in future. All the best with this year's version!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so cute! I love this idea, you are so creative! Thank you for sharing at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase! http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/search/label/craftshowcase

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable! Thanks for linking up to my Pin Me Party! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these SO much!! You did an amazing job!

    Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'. I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, these are so fun! This post has put a smile on my face...I'm ready for Sunday School! Thanks for sharing at the homemade holiday party.

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day. :)

Feel free to email me at blog.beinginspired@gmail.com either!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...