Friday 16 November 2012

Friday Freebie #2 - Borders and Jigsaw Puzzles

Friday Freebie time again! :) Here's a link to last week's post in case you missed it, but basically the idea is that once a week I'll give you a little update on the new things I've added to my TPT store and give you a little freebie. Publicity for me, free stuff for you! 
I got some great feedback on my CVC Word Jigsaw center pack from last week so I went with that theme again this week and made two more jigsaw packs! The first teaches colours:


Now as you may I noticed I spell it "colour" but don't worry, I made two packs! The US version uses the spellings "color" and "gray" and the Irish/UK version uses "colour" and "grey". And if there's any other spelling variants that I missed out on please let me know!!

Colour Mixing worksheets - jigsaw puzzle piece

The pack has two purposes. First it contains 12 large jigsaw pieces in different colours with the colour word written on them. These can be used to make a wall display to reinforce spelling, reading and colour identification. And secondly it contains smaller pieces and a set of worksheets. These can be used to explore colour mixing. Slot the pieces together like a jigsaw to show what happens when you mix the colours.

Jigsaw Piece Number math center


I also made a Jigsaw Piece Numbers pack. This one works great as a maths centre. It contains a set of green jigsaw pieces with the numbers 0 -20 and multiples of 10 up to 100 on them and a set of yellow pieces with maths symbols on them. They can be used for free play and exploration, allowing kids to create their own number sentences.

Great Than/Less Than worksheet

Or they can be used in a more structured way with the worksheets I've included. There's 6 worksheets for working on number bonds and simple arithmetic and a set of 7 worksheets for working on greater than/less than. 

Free borders and frames clip art for teachers

And finally - this week's freebie. It's a pack of 13 free .png borders for you to use to dress up your worksheets and other teaching documents. Feel free to use them for whatever you like, just include a link to my blog or TPT store if it's for commercial use. I've actually had this up in my store for a few days but added more borders (including some Christmassy/wintery ones!) to it last night especially for you guys.

Free clipart for teachers and TPT - borders

Free clipart for teachers and TPT - bordersFree clipart for teachers and TPT - borders

I'm working on a great freebie for next week. It's kinda related to jigsaw puzzles but begins with a T... cryptic eh? ha ha If you guess what it is I'll send you a copy first!

Oh and I only have 10 followers on TPT and much as I love and appreciate those 10 I'd love some more!! Pretty please follow along if you download my freebies. :) Or start your very own TPT store and join in the fun! 

Things I've Learnt:
- Hmm lots of things this week actually. I found the forums on the TPT website and learnt lots about marketing and pricing my products. And I joined my first collaborative pinterest boards! I'm pretty excited about these. There's so many great teaching ideas out there and collaborative boards just make it easier to share it!


I'm super proud to say that my free borders were featured on Teaching Blog Addict's Freebie Friday!!! :) If you're looking for some more freebies check out Friday Freebie #1 and Friday Freebie #3.

Freebie Fridays

8 comments:

  1. Very cute. Thank You!

    Tammi

    The Balanced Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up with such a great freebie at TBA! Please come by tomorrow at 6am, you'll be in for a nice surprise!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower! Such cute ideas!
    Hope you'll follow me as well-even though I've been negligenting my blog.
    :)
    Lisa
    www.lisaskinderland@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your free borders...I love to be creative with my students workheets when I create them, and these look great in black and white too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day. :)

Feel free to email me at blog.beinginspired@gmail.com either!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...