Monday 8 October 2012

Origami Carambola Flowers

Origami Carambola Flowers




Making origami flowers on a Sunday afternoon, sure what else would you be doing? :) Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my origami creation! Be sure to have a look at some of my other crafty projects while you're here.



These are called Carambola as they look like a cross section of starfruit (which is also know as a carambola). I think they look like flowers so I call them Carambola Flowers which possibly makes no sense but it works for me!

 I'm not even going to try to explain how to do it because this youtube video does it so much better than I could! :) My first attempt was a little lopsided but the second one turned out pretty good so even if you're a bit of an origami novice like me I'd say give them a go!


Things I've Learnt:
- Use origami paper. The first one I made I used light card and it was the same colour on both sides so I ended up making some of the creases on the wrong side! Origami paper also just creases better! Amazon have nice cheap origami paper (e.g. Origami Paper - Assorted Colors)
- I'd say heavier paper would be best but I didn't have any so I just used normal stuff and it worked just fine.
- This one is all about precision so take your time in making those creases!
- As with most things in life - practise makes perfect!

 

8 comments:

  1. These are lovely - really. So glad you shared them on BeColorful and all of your helpful suggestions too. Do you have any plans for them now? Will you be embellishing something with them or just enjoying them for what the are?
    hugs,
    p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure what to do with them to be honest! I'm just scattering them around making the place look pretty at the moment. :) But I did find a great video tutorial for making them into a kusudama - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7G6YwT4WLE. Although then I might just end up with bigger things lying around looking pretty. :)

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. So Pretty, I love the colors. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little flowers!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Pinning! I'm imagining making a mobile with these, or affixing them to artwork or a collage. Oh the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning! :) A mobile would be super cute! I was thinking maybe a garland would be pretty too.

      Delete
  5. My goodness, these are really 'picture perfect'-beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day. :)

Feel free to email me at blog.beinginspired@gmail.com either!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...