Sunday 26 August 2012

Day 2 - Carved Initial Embroidery



Day Two of the 30 Day Creativity Challenge!


I had great plans for today's project, had everything cut and ready to be sewn but the sewing machine is broken!! So I'm going to cheat a little. I know, pretty bad for only day 2 but at least I'm keeping to the blogging each day part!




So I actually made this a few week's ago for a friend's engagement. I found a much nicer frame for it but forgot to take another photo before I gave it to them!!




If I was making another I'd do the heart a bit smaller but it did look better in its new frame! 

Anyway, it was a super easy gift to make, the only hard part is finding the tree bark fabric (this was a little square my mum happened to have). Then just draw on the heart shape with a fabric marker on the back and back-stitch over it with embroidery thread. Easy! :)




There's a more detailed tutorial here: http://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/2011/10/how_to_embroider/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day. :)

Feel free to email me at blog.beinginspired@gmail.com either!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...