Saturday 25 August 2012

Day 1 - Strawberry Brownie Cupcakes!


Day One of the 30 Day Creativity Challenge!
Strawberry Brownie Cupcakes


So I love making cupcakes, but don't actually love eating them that much. Brownies on the other hand I could eat all day!! So as you can imagine I've been wanting to try out one of the brownie cupcake recipes I've found on pinterest. But why stop there? Why not add strawberries into the mix and make the best rainy-day-stuck-in-the-house-feeling-sorry-for-myself treat ever! :) 


Unfortunately the 30 day challenge idea only came to me mid bake and my good camera's battery was dead so the first few pics were taken on my phone. Tomorrow will be better, promise!! 


So I tried this great brownie cupcake recipe: http://sweetpeasandhappythings.blogspot.ie/2011/04/brownie-cups.html (very tasty!)



Next I cut out a little piece from each cupcake, just big enough to pop a strawberry in. 


Then I made some chocolate icing. I kinda estimated the measurements but roughly:
 1/2 stick of melted butter
1 1/2 cups of icing sugar
1/3 cup of cocoa powder
1/4 cup of milk (add as you need it)
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence



Ice up the cupcakes:


And, once the icing has set, serve them on plate cut in half. Beautiful! And pretty tasty too!



Blog parties I'm linked up to:
The Trendy TreehouseFoodie Friends FridayScrumptious SundayMichelle's Tasty Creations



5 comments:

  1. I love what you did with my cupcake recipe :) They look delicious, and I will have to try it your way. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe Monica! I'll definitely be making them again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and we would be happy if you would link back the recipe to us (http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com/). Remember to come back and vote on Sunday.. Newest follower.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! They look delicious! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back and VOTE on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look scrumptious! I can’t wait to try the recipe. Thanks so much for linking up last week to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you have for this week’s party! Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day. :)

Feel free to email me at blog.beinginspired@gmail.com either!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...